"Grace Blogging"



This longing for things more in "letter time" rather than "e mail time", it isnt necessarily about not doing things on the computer, but it is about doing things differently there. Doing things there more like breathing, which sometimes is fast but often its slow... and its unfolding, its real, as its alongside the heartbeat rather than skipping ahead of it.

A commentor Natalie (see top post) has called this way of blogging aptly "slow blogging". I'm also finding the phrases "grace blogging" and "spirit blogging" come up for me here, as in when (and how) the spirit actually moves you. Whatever we call it, for many of us, this is a pretty important area really--not wanting to stop blogging and writing becuase it really does help us, definitely not wanting to lose our blog friendships we cherish, but still...knowing a better balance, a better pace, or a better something...well it must be found somehow.

Yours truly is muddling along here trying to find just that, and i know i'm not alone in this. I would love SO much to talk about this, and to hear what others have found or think here. Who knows, together we might just unravel this a bit...

(Image source unknown)

Comments:
Muddling along myself dear friend - I've felt a little like I've been in a goldfish bowl this week I've been distracted and clumsy...perhaps it's hormones?

I'll love to read what others say in your discussion room.

Blessings.
 
I'm no expert and I don't want to hog the comments box but I have been helped by limiting the number of blogs I look at on a weekly basis. I read only four blogs on a regular basis. I can mull, digest and give them poper thought. If you like lots of blogs you may consider a rota of some kind. Reading only a few blogs has stopped my head from spinning.

Peace

Natalie
 
I'm so sorry to hear about your computer problems. I pray that you are able to get online, but there is a season for everything and maybe God wants you to take a step back for at least a while, who know what wonders you will discover away from the computer.

Hugs upon hugs.
 
VERY excited to hear about your computer. Will be praying about the fumes problem, praying not just for the fumes to be removed but for complete healing because "...by His wounds we are healed".

Lol, I don't mean to take over your letters comments-box, but you know I love to talk!

Hugs n' love.
 
I'm so glad your computer is up and running. Now you can listen to OTR! This fumes thing sounds horrible. You're in my prayers and I've sent you a little parcel to cheer you up.

Take care,

Natalie
 
Dear Wendy...This is so true,
Sometimes it just gets so overwhelming this blogging because I feel so bad that I am not keeping up dear friendships that I have found and this is not right!
ESPECIALLY when friends like you have been there when I have had prayer requests...Love Terry
 
Yes, Wendy is always the first to pray for others! Prayers for the fume situation and the move and that that town you like is just right and a place opens up!
 
Just wanted to say a little hidee-ho to you. :) And about this blogging thing, I wanted to say that your topic of grace blogging is striking a cord for me now. So much of online journaling has turned into a competition as to who has the nicest home, the sweetest children or the finest meals. The homemakers are big on comparing themselves, it seems.

What started out as a neat way to share, has become a monster in many ways.

I'm liking the musing sorts of posts. The ones that make me go "hmmmm"---you know?

Glad I can put yours at the top of that short list. ;) And, btw, thanks for your wonderful comments, esp. lately while I've half expected to get roasted by others. ha!
 
Hi Melissa,

You always say the nicest things : )

And i really like that you arent afraid to speak up on the harmful side of blogging, the posing it can turn into making everyone feels so small that they too arent "perfect (ha!). And then there is the whole distracting part of being online too much, i really struggle with that.

I do think blogging has SUCH potential for good though---i think thats why its gotten targeted to turn it into something else. Insights like yours help turn that around. Your blog is so real, and even when you say you "feel like throwing things" it still remains a kind place Melissa. I've said it before and i'll say it again...you really inspire me...

Blessed Weekend : ) Wendy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?